Search This Blog

Monday 2 October 2023

Old Grandpa's Book of Practical Poems

This is what it says, a volume I produced for my grandkids. It started because I like to read poetry to my grandchildren. 

One of them told me all grandparents should do the same, so here's what you need. Do you remember these lines?

o Oh Captain, my Captain;
o In Xanadu did Kublai Khan;
o There was movement at the station;
o Yesterday upon a stair;
o Abou Ben Adhem;
o Seated one day at the Organ;
o In a rose red city, half as old as time.

Did you get them all? Would your grandchildren?

This is the third edition of a canonical collection of English verse that young people of all ages can benefit from encountering.

It is for grandparents to buy, and the selections are mainly intended for reading aloud: adult to child; child to child; child to adult. The poems are followed by brief notes on the poets, just in case.

Where to get it:


No comments:

Post a Comment